"Get out and enjoy what many consider the unofficial final weekend of summer at these 15 events happening throughout New England on Labor Day weekend."(Provided by Boston.com)
1. The Boston Arts Festival will take place September 5 & 6 at Columbus Waterfront Park in Boston. The festival will feature a juried exhibition of work by emerging artists, live music, food and craft vendors, and art demonstrations. The event is free.
2. Enjoy a special Labor Day champagne brunch or starlight dinner cruise aboard Boston’s Odyssey. Tickets cost between $65 and $95 and the boat leaves from Rowe’s Wharf.
3. Watch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. The Sox play the Phillies Friday through Sunday and the Blue Jays on Monday. Tickets cost between $15 and $143, depending on the day you go and where in the park you want to sit.
4. Step back in time at King Richard’s Faire, New England’s largest and longest-running Renaissance Festival. The fair, which takes place on 80 acres in Carver, runs through October 25. Enjoy rides, games, acrobats, jugglers, exotic tigers, battling knights, spit-roasted turkey legs, crafts, and more. Tickets cost $29 for adults and $16 for kids age 4 to 11. Kids 3 and under are free.
5. Nothing says fall like a trip to the apple orchard. Take the family to one of the many farms offering apple picking across New England, such as Brooksby Farm in Peabody (pictured), Gould Farm in Monterey, or Belkin Family Lookout Farm in Natick.